WHAT IS WOMEN OF GRACE USA?
Women of Grace USA seeks to encourage women to grow in their relationship with Christ and challenge them to be actively engaged in God’s mission. Founded in 1939, Women of Grace USA is a nonprofit organization that offers resources for women and women’s ministries, including an annual magazine, conferences, and mission opportunities. WGUSA also sponsors SMM and Girls of Faith, ministries to elementary and teen girls. Women of Grace USA is a national ministry of the Fellowship of Grace Brethren Churches.
The mission of Women of Grace USA is to challenge Grace Brethren women to be radically in love with Christ and actively engaged in God’s mission to reconcile a lost world to Himself.
The vision of Women of Grace USA is to:
- Encourage women to grow in their relationship with Christ
- Provide key information to enhance the effectiveness of women’s ministry leaders
- Connect women to each other for mutual support and greater service
- Offer younger women a chance to glean from the wisdom of older women
- Provide opportunities for women to be involved in mission
WGUSA endeavors to fulfill its vision by serving as:
- A network of women in Grace Brethren churches
- A resource to help women’s ministries achieve their purpose, whether they are a traditional missions-focused group, or an enrichment ministry
- A partner with the local church to help it fulfill its mission
WHAT WE DO:
- Women’s Spectrum, an annual magazine for women
- Face Teams – face-to-face conversations with churches concerning women’s ministry needs and the ministry of Women of Grace USA
- Women’s Ministry Teams – short-term missions teams to Grace Brethren mission points in the U.S. and overseas
- SMM ministry for girls in grades K-12
- Women’s Leadership Summits and training events
- Women’s Leadership Studies in cooperation with Grace Seminary.
- Women’s Celebrations and seminars at FGBC National Conferences
At the heart of Women of Grace USA are six core values that are essential for the spiritual growth of every woman, and foundational for equipping women for service and mission.
God’s Word: Women will depend on God’s truth for nourishment and direction in all aspects of life
Prayer:Women will grow in intimacy with Christ, effectively praying His will for the world
Mission: Women will be personally and cooperatively involved in fulfilling the Great Commission
Mentoring: Women will invest themselves in nurturing girls and women toward Christlikeness
Leadership Development: Women will cultivate an environment that will train and reproduce leaders by identifying, developing, and utilizing their gifts
Community: Women will experience relationship, support, and the sharing of ideas and resources
The roots of Women of Grace USA go back to 1939, when a small group of women felt the need to unite Grace Brethren women for the common goals of spiritual growth and missions support. Women’s Missionary Council (WMC) was established to promote the cause of home and foreign missions work, and to deepen the spiritual life of women through Bible study, prayer and sharing Christ with others. Women Manifesting Christ was later chosen as the organization’s slogan. In 2000 the name was changed to Women of Grace USA, and a new slogan was adopted that challenges every woman to be on mission to share God’s love next door and around the world. The present wording of the purpose statement was adopted four years later.
Originally established as an organization of women’s groups in local churches whose monthly programs focused primarily on missions and Bible study, Women of Grace USA today is a values-driven ministry that embraces all Grace Brethren women.
“On mission to share God’s love next door and around the world.”
Women of Grace USA makes two important statements:
- that every woman in every Grace Brethren church in the United States has a place in this ministry, and
- that there are Grace Brethren women in other countries who, though not organizationally connected with us, are our sisters in faith, belief and practice.