Center for Women’s Leadership Studies
through Grace Theological Seminary
Dr. Christy Hill, Director
Helping women in leadership:
- Grow in personal awareness of strengths and weaknesses as a leader in Christian ministry settings.
- Develop incarnational ministry values and skills to authentically connect with others so that God’s love is experienced through spiritual friendships and community.
- Learn important leadership skills associated with the organization and administration of ministry programs in church, parachurch and missional environments.
- Internalize a biblical worldview of dependency on God that utilizes critical thinking skills to address current issues in ministry.
- Certificate through CEU credits; bachelor’s degree not required.
- Master’s degree possibility (Master of Arts in Ministry Studies with a concentration in Women’s Leadership Studies) with additional pre- and post-course work and a bachelor’s degree.
- Classes are substantive, not just techniques.
Spiritual Formation: personal development in relationship with God through self awareness and understanding of one’s operant belief system; formation of philosophy of spiritual growth.
Women and Scripture: embracing God’s unique design for females and learning how God uses women to impact others; deals with the fuzzy thinking about women in leadership in the church and develops biblical perspectives on current culture’s messages about women.
Biblical Foundations of Leadership: development of philosophy of ministry; exposure to organization and administration principles of effective leadership.
Principles of Effective Bible Study and Teaching Ministry: Bible study and interpretation skills applied to a teaching ministry.
Soul Care in Leadership: issues related to providing soul care to those who are hurting and spiritual direction to those who are in need of focused attention.
Equipping Others for Ministry: how to empower and nurture ministry skills in others.
Upcoming classes and locations: