Center for Women’s Leadership Studies
through Grace Theological Seminary
Dr. Christy Hill, Director
For women who are already in ministry and are looking for quality training to develop their leadrship skills, and women who desire interaction and challenge from others in ministry.
Helping women in leadership:
- Grow in personal awareness of strengths and weaknesses as a leader in Christian ministry settings.
- Develop incarnational ministry values and skills to authentically connect with others so that God’s love is experienced through spiritual friendships and community.
- Learn important leadership skills associated with the organization and administration of ministry programs in church, parachurch and missional environments.
- Internalize a biblical worldview of dependency on God that utilizes critical thinking skills to address current issues in ministry.
- Certificate through CEU credits; bachelor’s degree not required.
- Master’s degree possibility (Master of Arts in Ministry Studies with a concentration in Women’s Leadership Studies) with additional pre- and post-course work and a bachelor’s degree.
- Classes are substantive, not just techniques.
Spiritual Formation: personal development in relationship with God through self awareness and understanding of one’s operant belief system; formation of philosophy of spiritual growth.
Women and Scripture: embracing God’s unique design for females and learning how God uses women to impact others; deals with the fuzzy thinking about women in leadership in the church and develops biblical perspectives on current culture’s messages about women.
Biblical Foundations of Leadership: development of philosophy of ministry; exposure to organization and administration principles of effective leadership.
Principles of Effective Bible Study and Teaching Ministry: Bible study and interpretation skills applied to a teaching ministry.
Soul Care in Leadership: issues related to providing soul care to those who are hurting and spiritual direction to those who are in need of focused attention.
Equipping Others for Ministry: how to empower and nurture ministry skills in others.
Powered by Facebook Comments